IES - 11 Interview guidance programme
Prof. Y.V. Gopala Krishna Murthy, M.Tech., MIE, a successful engineer in various competitive exams like UPSC-ESE, GATE, PSUs and AP State Engineering service examinations is instrumental in the success of ACE Engineering Academy. With his team of experts in various engineering fields is offering personality interview guidance classes at both New Delhi and Hyderabad free of cost.
Salient features of the program
- Possible questions on educational background
- Possible questions on Hobbies
Download Application Form
IES-2011 (UPSC Engineering Services)
Personal Interview Guidance batches at NEW DELHI
NOTE: If the above schedule is not convenient for you, you can approach us one
or two days before your actual interview at New Delhi with prior intimation.
Download Application Form
IES-2011 (UPSC Engineering Services)
Personal Interview Guidance batches at HYDERABAD
Download Application Form
For registration you have to submit the following:
ESE – 11 Interview Sample Questions
1. Why agitations are taking place in India against corruption? What is your opinion about
corruption in India? What do you suggest for anti-corruption?
2. Why inter-state water disputes are arising in India? Measures to settle the disputes.
3. Many revolutions are taking place against the governments in the world especially Middle
East and North African countries. Explain the reasons and What people of these countries are
4. Regional parties in many states in India playing important role in forming the
governments. How far it is advisable to the countries like India?
5. Indian Railways not performing well in terms of profits now a days. Do you think it is
because of political reasons or administrative reasons?
6. Global warming became a big issue to all the countries in the world. What is global
warming. What measures are to be taken?
7. What is 2-G spectrum
8. Regional disparities in India becoming barriers to India’s growth. What are the reasons
for this problem.
9. What are the achievements of DRDO in India’s defense system?
10. Many states in India demanding for separate states. What are they? What is the
solution in your opinion.
11. Women reservation bill still not been passed in the parliament. Do you support
women reservation bill? If so, why?
12. India has achieved many milestones in Technological development on par with
developed countries. Still many Indians are not reachable to this technology. Why?
How to utilize it for India’s development?
13. Exhausting natural resources questioning the future of many countries now a days.
How to preserve and regenerate them?
14. The service sector known as Tertiary sector contributing more share in India’s
income. However, Agriculture sector still being called as primary sector. Why?
15. Naxals problem in India.
16. Right to Information Act
01. Why A.C sheets are given curved shape?
02. S.F.D and B.M.D of beams subjected to moment couples?
03. Difference between B.M and Torsional Moment.
04. Free body diagrams of members in a frame
05. What is Load balancing concept?
06. What is soft storey effect?
07. Earth quake zones in India
08. Difference between equilibrium and compatibility equations
09. Static Indeterminacy of ashok dharma chakra
10. Philosophy of plastic theory
11. Importance of Influence lines in Civil Engineering.
12. Earth quake resistant building?
13. What are green buildings?
14. National Highways in India
15. What is Golden quadrilateral?
16. Difference between factor of safety, partial safety factors and load factors?
17. Admixtures in cement?
18. What is garland canal project?
19. Importance of plinth beams in buildings?
20. What is the difference between ‘Quick Sand’ and ‘Liquefaction’ ?
21. What is the importance of CNS layer in earthen dams ?
22. Differentiate between ‘Elastic Equilibrium’ and ‘Plastic Equilibrium’ in soils ?
23. PVDs are often used in ground improvement process. The PVD stands for ?
24. What is meant by construction pore pressure ?
25. What is floating pile ?
26. How do you design septic tank ?
27. How do you find the capacity of service reservoir in a water supply scheme of a city ?
28. Why fish cannot survive in a sewage liquid ?
29. What is unit hydrograph ? What are uses of it ?
30. How do you estimate the max. flood discharge from a catchment ?
31. What is an elementary profile of a gravity dam ?
32. Where do you use aqueduct and super passage cross drainage works ?
33. Why do we limit the slenderness ratio of a compression member and tension member ?
34. Draw a fink truss figure.
35. What are the principal axes and their importance in structural steel sections?
36. What is the difference between pressure and Non-pressure pipes?
01. What are the advantages of wire ropes? How the load transmission takes place between the wires?
02. As the size of wire is reduced, the strength of the wire will increase, the reason is?
03. Why the top and bottom of the gas cylinder made curved?
04. Why reciprocating mass can not be fully balanced?
05. What is meant by vibration isolation in machines?
06. What is cryogenic heat exchanger?
07. What is meant by composite material and examples of natural composites?
08. In all the metals with increase of temperature the yield stress of material will be reduced except in steel, why?
09. How heat recover is done from boiler furnace flue gases?
10. How a steam turbine is stopped and started?
11. what coolant is used in generator and what is the method of charging the coolant?
12. Compare and Contrast I-head and F-head engines advantages and disadvantages?
13. Reason for axial thrust in steam Turbines and its consequences? What are the remedial measures?
14. How can you measure the temp. of the tip of tool during Turning of titanium alloys ?
15. What is the machinability of work piece material and how can you measure the absolute machinability ?
16. What are the reasons for development of non-fusion welding process even though it has lesser strength than fusion welding process ?
17. Is CAST iron is weld able ? If so how can you weld it ?
18. Why centrifugal casting is developed for producing hollow casting ?
19. How can you make the material as easy in metal forming process material ?
20. In metal forming process, when the type of load applied is tensile load, it is necessary to maintain load for some time, why ?
21. During design of limit gauges used for inspection and general purpose applications, the relaxation is given only on NOGO gauge why ?
22. What is angle of repose?
23. What is pure shear and pure bending?
24. Difference between bending moment and twisting moment?
25. Principle on which a syringe and saline bottles work?
26. What is water hammer?
27. Where cavitation occurs in hydraulic machines?
28. What is Mach Number and its importance?
01. The role of battery in the sub-station
02. Difference between CB, isolator and earth switch
03. The significance of symmetrical components in the power system.
04. Bipolar HVDC transmission is preferable when compared to other DC links
05. significance of slack bus in load flow studies.
06. power transmission is preferred at EHV (OR) modern EHV than H.V, why?
07. What is the use of bundle conductors in power transmission
08. Why stranded conductors are used in place of solid conductors.
09. Why conventional sources are preferred than non-conventional sources.
10. The Nuclear plant is most suitable as base load when compared to other plants, why?
11. SF6 circuit breaker is a modern power system breaker, why
12. The synchronous generator is preferred as star winding with resistance grounding. Why can’t be delta winding
13. Which Power Electronic converter can replace Motor-Generator set in Ward-Leonard System?
14. Shall we utilize static swatches like Thyristor, Power BTT and MOSFET in critical applications, where Physical separation is required?
15. What are the advantages of Multi Phase Rectifiers?
16. What is Lemz’s Law? Is it operate in Positive (or) Negative feedback system.
17. What happens, if DC supply is given to pure inductor and pure Capacitor.
18. Give the examples of current Source? How to generate high value of current sources.
19. What is the application of Thevenin’s theorem in power systems?
20. What are the static VAR compensators? How they are different from conventional compensators.
21. State Ohm’s Law in field parameters? Correlate with Circuit Parameters.
22. What is Super Conductivity? What are the conditions for achieving it.
23. What is magnetic Levitation? How it is useful for Railways.
24. What is the Power Factor, in a Phase controlled rectifier feeding R Load.
25. What are functions of tertiary winding in 3- Transformer. How it is used to handle unbalanced loads by transformer ?
26. Why -y transformer connection is most preferable connection for distribution transformer?
27. Why power transformers designed with high peak value of flux density and distribution transformers with low peak value of flux density?
28. Name certain energy conservation measures in industries?
29. Define reactive power. What is the importance of reactive power in practical applications?
30. What is fly wheel and name some advantages of fly wheel in variable speed machines?
31. Why DC series motor is not suitable for punching machines.?
32. How the cooling system effects the rating of any machine?
ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
01. Which mobile you are using at present? What modifications do you suggest to the antenna used in your mobile such that it can be used for 3G services ?
02. You might have come across many types of microwave sources; which of those are used in industrial applications for heating? Why not other sources?
03. Most RF instruments and coaxial cables have standardized impedances of either 50 or & 75 Ohms?
04. What justification do you provide with regard to the set of four Maxwell equations, though in reality they are not his laws ?
05. What is the technology parameter currently used in VLSI industry
06. Are we able to justify Moore's Law now. If yes, explain how. If not, explain modified Moore's Law.
07. How do you design passive elements using MOSFET like Resistor, capacitor and Inductor
08. Why India is lagging to establish a fabrication industry
09. What is cognitive science and how embedded systems related to this
10. What could be the major difference between ARM9 and ARM 11. Which one do you prefer to use communication protocol
11. Basic instruction set using 8051 micro controllers
12. What are Homonoid Robots and how Cognitive science can overcome the problems in designing these robots
13. What is the bit capacity of a Microprocessor whose addressing capacity is 64K?
14. Give an example Microprocessor which follows Little Endian property
15. What is the advantage of multiplexed address/data bus in 8085 Microprocessor?
16. What happens in a single-board microcomputer when the power is turned on and the Reset key is pushed?
17. How does the microprocessor differentiate between data and instruction?
18. Which combinational circuit is called universal element?
19. Number of flip-flops required to construct %2 counter?
20. What is the modulus number of a 6-bit twisted ring counter?
21. What is race condition in flip-flops?
22. What is the circuit shown below?
23. Why the uplink and downlink frequencies are different in satellite communications?
24. Why the area of coverage in FM radio is less when compared with AM radio?
25. SSB modulation is suitable for voice transmission only. Explain?
26. Explain the filter characteristics of a system using Bode plot?
27. Explain the difference between the Geostationary and Geosynchronous satellites?
28. Why non sinusoidal signals are not used as carrier in modulation?
And many more…… Free of cost…… Hurry up!
Register your name immediately.
With best wishes
Prof. Y.V. Gopala Krishna Murthy
Download IES - 11 Interview Guidance Application Form
Download this Document as PDF